By Zeke Quezada
If you and I are having beer in Las Vegas there is a pretty good chance we are having a good time. You see, beer is that addition to any social engagement that immediately eliminates any and all formality. Beer is the equalizer. I’m a fan of fine wine, I love sipping great bourbon and lining up a few shots of tequila and then really tasting the essence of Blue Agave is like a religious experience, but beer is different. Beer suggests that it is time to sit back and enjoy the moment. No more shop talk, let’s just hang out and enjoy some suds.
I like that I can have a conversation over a beer, I love that I can choose a steak or fried pork fat and pair it with my beer. I love that I can watch hockey while having a beer or discuss the melting of the polar ice caps. Primarily, I love that the defining factor when it comes to beer is that it lacks all pretense, it’s merely a pint and an opportunity to enjoy yourself while taking your time with your favorite drink.
So you might ask where you can have a beer in Las Vegas? While there are plenty of places where you can grab a beer on tap and sit around while having a meal these are a couple where you might have a bit more of an experience.
Drinking Beer in Las Vegas:
- Black Tap at Venetian – You most likely will have beer here but you will probably have a shake as well. I know you don’t like to mix your beer with dessert but you will have to. Black Tap does that you. It makes you load up on ice cream after you loaded up on their burgers. The beer list is worthy of a few pints but, you MUST have a shake as well.
- Beer Park at Paris Las Vegas – The view is great, the beer is cold and the food will satisfy your inner foodie. Play a few games, watch some spots and mingle in a casual bar above the Las Vegas strip.
- BeerHaus at The Park – Sausages, Jenga, outdoor seating and beer. You really do not need much more than that to have a good time in Las Vegas. If you stop in before or after a hockey game the place is alive with energy and if you need an afternoon cold one this is a great spot to kill 3 hours and six beers in the middle of the day.
- Public House at Venetian – Over 200 beers and good food that makes this spot a can’t miss. A huge plus is the cask beer. Once you go in you might never leave. You ‘ll have to tour the menu because this is more than a good spot for beer. The kitchen is legit so won’t waste any calories here,
- Burger Bar at Mandalay Place – 126 beers on the menu and the truth is the beer craze in Las Vegas started at Burger Bar. Plenty of people talked about the burgers but the draw is the fact that you can have a very good beer with your meal.
- Holstein’s at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas -I’m going to be honest with you, they have a lot of beer on the menu but I do not know exactly how many. That’s the point. I could easily ask again or check my notes or even look on their website but numbers do not mean a thing because you can point a finger blindly and still get a great pint. Beer drinkers will be happy here.
- HofbrauHaus – It’s a fun atmosphere they have German beer and the food is decent. If you want to celebrate the art of beer with some friends this is a good place to do it.
- AmeriCAN at the LINQ – If you need a beer in a can they have it at AmeriCAN at the LINQ. 70 beers in a can from every state in the nation. Sit out on the patio and it is almost like you are sitting in your back yard with a can of beer. This is casual beer drinking at its best.